motion simulation FreeCAD?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
lalberts

motion simulation FreeCAD?

Post by lalberts »

found on the net?

http://www.ar-cad.com/freecad/index.html

freeCAD is created with the open source StCAD: 3D CAD Framework for Smalltalk and a private motion simulation program. All the source code is in Smalltalk which is a pure object oriented programming language.

??

Lukas
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: motion simulation FreeCAD?

Post by jmaustpc »

lalberts wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:28 am found on the net?

http://www.ar-cad.com/freecad/index.html

freeCAD is created with the open source StCAD: 3D CAD Framework for Smalltalk and a private motion simulation program. All the source code is in Smalltalk which is a pure object oriented programming language.

??

Lukas
You have found freeCAD, we are FreeCAD. It's a totally different program.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

This is a big, old fatality of the web: there are two freecads...

By looking at the website, I have the impression that "the other freecad" is not much developed anymore (the last blog entry is from 2013). A few years ago, freecad was their only product. Now there are 6 or 7 others, all plugins for inventor.

One of these days we could probe to see if the guy there (seems a one-man company) wouldn't be interested in opening his code for us and, who knows, might be possible to port something over here. A grand unification of the two freecads...
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

yorik wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:43 pm One of these days we could probe to see if the guy there (seems a one-man company) wouldn't be interested in opening his code for us and, who knows, might be possible to port something over here. A grand unification of the two freecads...
A few years back, the author of freeCAD tried to see if he could monetize the freeCAD code. I'm under the impression that all his current plugins are based on his earlier freeCAD work. So I very much doubt he would open source it.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

NormandC wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:19 pm I'm under the impression that all his current plugins are based on his earlier freeCAD work. So I very much doubt he would open source it.
Maybe... But who knows, after not believing anymore in the Capitalist Dream, a person finds herself ready to embrace the True Open Source Revolution... :ugeek: (I shouldn't say those things otherwise https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeCAD/commen ... es_to_the/ )
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

yorik wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:39 pm
NormandC wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:19 pm I'm under the impression that all his current plugins are based on his earlier freeCAD work. So I very much doubt he would open source it.
Maybe... But who knows, after not believing anymore in the Capitalist Dream, a person finds herself ready to embrace the True Open Source Revolution... :ugeek: (I shouldn't say those things otherwise https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeCAD/commen ... es_to_the/ )
LOL. What a trippy Reddit post! My favorite reply in the thread was from a user named scienceworksbitches
sure it is backs away slowly
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Man, that guy was something else. :shock:

@ Kunda1
FYI, he was a forum member here under the same nickname. At first he seemed pretty normal... Then the weirdness started and didn't stop.