And I thought I was alone!

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
bejant

Re: And I thought I was alone!

Postby bejant » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:19 pm

sliptonic wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:19 pm
Either way, complaining about it doesn't 'prod the bears' to do it for you. It just pisses them off.
It irritates other people too, especially when the complainer resorts to fabricating false defects in an apparent attempt to advance his / her agenda.

OldDraftsman wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:58 pm
I take umbrage at the "whining,"
That's all on you. Stop whining - start coding!
freedman

Postby freedman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 pm

I think it can also be said that developers work to their skill level and time constraints, self managing.

OldDraftman, it is possible for you to help another way. Hire a good C++/Python programmer and pay them to work on Freecad. You can manage what gets fixed and when. I will be the first to thank you. I would do it but can't afford it.
triplus

Postby triplus » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:08 am

OldDraftsman wrote: And I thought I was alone!
Nah, you are not alone. FreeCAD has vibrant community and therefore you likely shouldn't feel like you are in it alone.
"5 Ways FreeCAD will Annoy You"
Usually the intentions are good but such definitive titles can attract a lot of BS. ;)

Said that investing in such debates from time to time. I guess that is a feature and not a bug. As some annoying thing can get sorted out over time. Or some more in depth understanding can be the outcome.
Is there any way I can get together with one of the Devs and try and help fix this stuff instead of them blasting along with new features leaving a veritable trail of pain and suffering behind?
Yes and no. First thing usually is to propose something. Some general consensus can be gathered from such proposals. From time to time a developer emerges tackling it. Therefore usually this is more of an process. Compared to a meeting, where you would say i want this and this and this and it would get done after. As usually other people attending the meeting have their take on it. And usually such things need to settle first. Before considering further steps. It does help if you are a developer. As usually you can take more direct approach. But i would suggest to not neglect the other steps of the process too much. As doing the whole process usually results in better solution anyway.