OS: Windows 10
Word size of OS: 32-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 32-bit
Version: 0.18.15115 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: French/France (fr_FR)
I write this post to talk about the state of the art of sheet metal workbench in 2018. I feel those great improvements are not very visible in the forum, so I talk about it here to do some advertising in a way.
I don't feel free to create an annoucement feature topic because I'm just an end user, not one of developers who have coded all of this. Many thanks to them
So I write it here, in the user show case section
First of all, many informations can be find here:
So, some new features are listed below:
- bend deduction is taken into account for unfolding by using of K factor : hence the dimensions of unfold generated paterns are exact!
- while unfolding many sketches are created, now with bend lines.
- basebend feature is added: it allows to extrude a sheetmetal part from an open profil in sketch. This is a very useful feature, many thanks.
- "sketched bends": you can now create a sketch on a face, then add a simple bend on the same face, then link the sketch to the bend. In this way the bend get the sketch profile. In one step you can get a partial bend, or a complexe geometry bend with unregular shape whith holes and so on...
- corner treatment are improved for boxes, with auto-mitering feature.
A square-round modelized with draft WB -> Part WB -> Sheetmetal WB
Sheet metal part with basebend and sketched bend