toralf wrote: ↑
Sat May 18, 2019 5:55 am
But it seams hat Klaus has done the code to import the LCS.
What still needs to be done?
not really much work regarding use of LCS has been done. The implemented code for importing LCS's is more a test than something else. For sure it will be usefull to import LCS' as reference data as doing so will overcome the topological naming issue.
In principal there are to possible ways to use them:
- making an additional "LCS-snap-together" solver for some kind of pseudo assembly
- modifiying the existing solver and enabling it to work with LCS' as references
A lot of things are not implemented now.
- consistent naming scheme for the LCS', to be robust against updates
- a new sort of LCS constraints
- selecting code for parts of the LCS' for feeding the solver
- missing solver adaptions
So this will not come soon. (Except there would help some coworkers to help with this topic)
I ran several times into the topo naming problem. I would hope if the Datum entities would be imported they could be used for the A2+ constrains and would solve most of these problems.
At moment you can activate the preference "use experimental topological naming" of A2p. It has to be active from the very first beginning of an assembly. It avoids about 80% of the topological naming issues, but not all (and i think there are some small bugs left). Some knowledge is needed how to avoid problems.
I hope that FC will provide topological naming for future.