simple simulation

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yaronc

simple simulation

Post by yaronc »

Hi,

I am new to Freecad, using Freecad 0.13 version 1828 on windows 7 – would like to create a simulation that moves 4 parts (never did simulation)

I made 4 parts and now I want to show by simulation how they can move – rule 1 is while moving all parts stay in the same angle (part cannot rotate) and the 2nd rule is that they can move as long as they maintain that their centers are always like the 4 corners of a rectangle . (and the 4 parts themselves cannot rotate just stay in the same angle)

In other words in the starting points all 4 centers of the parts are all 4 corners of a imaginary rectangle but they all can move while maintaining this quality of staying as 4 corners of an imaginary rectangle. (with some limitation of the length of the sides)

What is the simplest way or the best way to do so?

Thanks,
Yaron
NormandC
Veteran

Re: simple simulation

Post by NormandC »

Hello,

There is no motion simulation yet in FreeCAD.

You have confused FreeCAD by Jürgen Riegel with freeCAD by Aik-Siong Koh. http://www.ar-cad.com/freecad/

FreeCAD is a free and open source advanced 3D parametric CAD with no motion simulation yet, evolving rapidly. freeCAD is a free but proprietary basic 3D CAD software with advance motion simulation, its development has been stopped for years.
yaronc

Re: simple simulation

Post by yaronc »

Normandc thank you for clarifying!