Carburator body / sketch

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Edduardo

Carburator body / sketch

Post by Edduardo »

Hello everyone! I wanted to know if it´s possible to build this up on FreeCAD. I think it doesn´t have the whole info to do it. What do you think? Also, how do you build a "French curve" like the one in the photo (just if it´s possible, I mean). Thank you for reading (:
PD: What is all that 10BA7 thing? I didn´t get what the blueprints were talking about :/ What nomenclature is that?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13541 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-17
Hash: 9948ee4f1570df9216862a79705afb367b2c6ffb
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: Spanish/Ecuador (es_EC)
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Carburator body / sketch

Post by chrisb »

This seems very well possible. What you call a french curve could be part of a conical section or a B-spline, used as section of a revolve.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

Edduardo wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 pm Hello everyone! I wanted to know if it´s possible to build this up on FreeCAD.
Sure, it doesn't look to be very difficult.

Edduardo wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 pm I think it doesn´t have the whole info to do it. What do you think?
I see at least 3 places where I think dimensions are missing; they'll be apparent when you create the model.

Edduardo wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 pm Also, how do you build a "French curve" like the one in the photo (just if it´s possible, I mean).
It's possible, but to me the term "French curve" is vague.

Edduardo wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 pm What is all that 10BA7 thing?

It's obsolete - google it and you'll see.

I normally would give better answers but here I have to wonder if this is a homework assignment.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

Edduardo wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 pm Also, how do you build a "French curve" like the one in the photo (just if it´s possible, I mean).
French curve. Mine is stored beside my slide-rule.

I guess it means "I don't know the equation of the curve, just make it smooth and good looking and everything will be fine".

A BSpline would be your best tool.
Vincent B
Veteran

Post by Vincent B »

Edduardo

Post by Edduardo »

I did it. But too ne honest, the french curve part wasn´t the best. It doesn´t look the same, but still is a good try, I guess. Also, don´t know if it´s my mistake but one of the parts crash with another at the top. Is one of the covers, the one that has a little lever attached to it. I cheked the measures and everythings seems pretty much ok, so... Well, I gotta check it again.