With the new year, and with 0.14.370x released now 6 months ago, what do you think about a 0.15 release in the very near future.
I think some recent additions would make an "official" v0.15 release worthwhile:
- Sketcher: merge sketches, regular polygons, ellipse, accelerator / elements widget and background solver stuff, loss of external geometry bug fix (issue #1791)
- Arch: panels, furniture, cut object with plane, remade roof tool...
- Quarter-based viewer (might still need further bug hunting?)
- Drawing: export pages to DXF, added templates, print to scale bug fix (issue #1553)
- Better unit support
- ...Tons of other new features and bug fixes
What I think would be a good reason to hold off is that OCE has not released OCE-0.17 based on OCC 6.8.0 yet.
I'd think it would be good to wait for OCE, but no longer than it would take for the windows libpacks to get up to speed, then do the 0.15 Release builds with the same OCE across all 3 platforms
That would remove a little of the current hassle with dealing with varying versions in the Help forum. To BOPCheck or not to BOPCheck, this version has that bug, or was it the other version... yada-yada-yada.
A couple little things with Quarter, but no show stoppers IMO. Some seem to be video chip/driver specific and those are hard to nail down. From what I'v seen, it's mostly visual oddity here and there, and only on occasion.
For the rest, there have been a lot of improvements and fixes come about and FreeCAD is more enjoyable to use than ever. Regardless or when 0.15 Release gets done, YOU ALL HAVE DONE, AND CONTINUE TO DO A GREAT JOB - THANK YOU!!!!
Yes, I'm shouting it from the roof tops!